Sunday, September 13, 2015

Kristof


 Poverty in the land of the free?
 

No money No chance

When reading the article Land of Limitations? I was understanding how people that grow up in poverty stay in poverty. I believe this can be true because that is how they learn to live. I came from a small town and many of the people stayed in the town because their family was there. There are not a lot of jobs in the town beside the minimum wages jobs or the small town farmer.  Many of the people are able to live off the land but there is no extra for anything like sending their children for higher education. Even if the family might have the money to send the child to get a college education they can’t send them because they need their help on the farm or in the car shop.  When I was in high school I did know of some people that got suspend from and they were so happy just like Rick was. I believe suspending student only hurts them because you are not given them an education for the time they are not in school so they fall behind. Most of the time these student are already behind in their classes. So what are they really getting out of being suspend from school, nothing. I feel that is a student does wrong they should have to fix it somehow by community service of staying after school for help.

At the bottom of my page I put information on my hometown Fryeburg, ME and a link.

Estimated median household income in 2013: $41,993 (it was $33,125 in 2000)

Fryeburg:
$41,993
ME:
$46,974


No comments:

Post a Comment